sluggish action

pcpoulso pcpoulso@pacbell.net
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:39:38 -0800

Jonathon: It sounds like you have a lot of seized up action centers. You =
will need to either treat the action centers with a lubricant such as =
Protek, or repin them.=20
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
Piano Technicians Guild
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: jonathan stuchell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 3:15 PM
  Subject: sluggish action

  Hello technicians,

               I have  an old Conreid upright with a few sluggish notes. =
 The problem isnt with the keys ( they arent broken or sluggish in any =
way) but with the action, as the hammers hit softly or even not at all =
and then return slowly.  The wippen mechanism moves slowly.  Should I =
just remove the wippens and replace them?   Or what else could I do with =
this problem?