What the Hell?!!!

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:38:14 -0800

Sorry for the profane subject, but that was my reaction to something and =
I thought I'd share.<G>
Just started Re-Pinning Renner Shanks and Flanges for the 1867 =
Chickering Action.....popped out the first pin, on a too low friction =
flange: There's a ridge cut into the center of the center pin. It's a =
sharp edged groove! Yikes! (said I.<G>) Must be a machining boo-boo, as =
these pins are machined to the specific length/diameter! (says I to =
myself, out loud!).......NOT! I've extracted over a dozen and every =
darned one is that way! Double Yikes! Any thoughts on why in hell this =
"new innovation"? The only thing that I can see that it does, is screw =
up the Birds-eye, as it has sharp edges. Have any of you run into this =
before? Weird, to say the least! It's bad enough, they insist on the =
"graphite impregnated bushing cloth".....now this! Sheesh!
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I