S&S voicing picture

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:49:30 +0100

------=_NextPart_001_0009_01C51920.014E6550
Hello list,

I've looked at the steinway&sons website for technical information.

I read all the technical explaination, and I found a picture of a tech =
who is voicing a hammer.

On the picture (included at the end of this message), we clearly see =
that the hammer has an impregnation on its basis, around the staple =
area.

All the recent Hamburg Steinways I've seen have regular hammers, with no =
impregnation at all.

Is it one of the differencies between NY and Hamburg actions?

I've seen old NY Steinways with a yellow underfelt and an impregnation, =
but I thought that today's steinway hammers were impregnation-free.

Thanks for your help on this !

Quentin
------=_NextPart_001_0009_01C51920.014E6550
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...