New Renner Center Pins

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:13:45 -0800

All,
Now that I've finished Re-Pinning 1/2 of a new set of shanks, I think I =
see why so many needed to be done. That new Center Pin's "groove" peals =
bushing cloth like you can't believe. So....when they initially pinned =
it, I suspect they did it to the olde specs. The "groove" rips out some =
bushing cloth and makes all the flanges @least 1 gram looser! Yikes! =
Seems to be an Edsel idea, IMO! Closely akin to teflon bushings.
Sheesh! The one thing, in a piano, that is time tested and works just =
fine, IMO, gets the most R&D. What the heck's that all about?.......end =
of rant! (Well maybe not! I just hate re-pinning NEW parts! grrrr!)
Phew! Now I'm done. (for now.<G>) Feel a bit better.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I