New Renner Center Pins

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:25:19 -0600

> Can you please explain what you mean by that "Groove?" I have not heard
> anything about a "new" Renner center pin, and an interested in what you
> have found.
>
> Based on what I read in your other message, this sounds like a
> production screw up in the pin making, and it seems you should contact
> Renner USA and ask about it.
>
> Don Mannino RPT

Don, Joe, and all the ships at sea,
The pins in Renner parts have been like this for at least a year
that I know of. It's a clean, square edged and precise groove cut
into the center of the pin - very intentional. Since I don't find
center pins walking out of birds eyes to be a major problem in
general, I'm not clear on why they thought (think?) this was (is?)
necessary.

Ron N