New Renner Center Pins

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:47:47 -0800

Don M. said: "Can you please explain what you mean by that "Groove?" I =
have not heard=20
anything about a "new" Renner center pin, and an interested in what you=20
have found.

Based on what I read in your other message, this sounds like a =
production=20
screw up in the pin making, and it seems you should contact Renner USA =
and=20
ask about it."

Don,
I don't think it's a  "Production screw up"! Every pin, (flange), that =
needed to be repinned was like that. It seems to be only on the hammer =
flanges. The wippens, although an equal amount of re-pinning was needed, =
had the standard Euro Nickle pins. The explanation of their reason, (at =
Boesendorfer), given by someone on the list, (sorry, I forgot who), =
seems to answer the question. However, it is definately an "Edsel".<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I