Corfam

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:24:21 -0600

Subject: Re: Corfam

----- Original Message -----

From: Paul Chick <mailto:tune4@earthlink.net>  (Earthlink)

To: Pianotech@Ptg.Org

Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:56 AM

Subject: Corfam

List Members

Anyone care to share their quick and easy way to remove corfam from the
butts and catchers of a Baldwin action?

Paul C

With the butt on the bench--Pop of the corfam at the top (just under the
catcher shank) with a stiff blade knife . Then run a thiner  blade into the
slot on either side of the corfam and the material will pull out easily
without damage to the square or the butt.

    As for the catchers--The junk is REALLY tenacious .On the last few jobs,
I've hand sanded the material with a sandpaper  file. This remoces some of
the corfam   and leaves a surface that will accept glue very well.  There
are lots of postings on this topic in the archives that include suggestions
for removing the corfam from the catchers, but I've been satisfied with this
method..

    Tom Driscoll

Thanks, Tom

Paul C