75-100 cent pitch raise

davespianotuning@earthlink.net davespianotuning@earthlink.net
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:38:13 -0800

List:
I just did a 75-100 cent pitch raise on a kohler Campbell console.
While doing the pitch raise it a appeared to me that the mid to upper treble strings started to sound " wild ".
I have read that doing a large string movement after many years of ' rest ' that the strings moving past the bridge pins can sound wild due to a minute " dent " or " notch " where the string were resting for a long time.   There was not a dominating ' wild ' string sound prior to tuning to A440.
My question is:
Is the above mentioned cause a valid statement and seen on any regular basis?
Is there something else I should be looking for as a cause for wild beats on individual strings after the 100 cent pitch raise? I have not seated the strings at the bridge pins after the initial pitch raise ............yet.        I'm going back tomorrow after 2 days for the final tuning.
Thanks much for any comments in advance

davespianotuning@earthlink.net
Dave McKibben
San Diego, CA