M&H BB for sale

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:07:45 -0800

Sounds like a lead added to the hammer in an attempt to improve=
 the tone...I'd be interested in knowing what was the problem=
 with the tone?

David Ilvedson

Original message
From: Terry
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: M&H BB for sale

Ummmmm, center rail pin?

I agree with you though, lead in the keys alone isn't going to do=
 much for tone.

Terry Farrell

Thomas,

I guess I'm a little confused but why would anyone even want=
 that?

At 07:40 PM 2/25/05, you wrote:

You are absolutely correct Barbara.  Although this piano has=
 (well, had)
Touch Design, it was specifically installed with as heavy an=
 action as
possible to try and 'help' the piano tone.  Lots of key lead=
 weighting, all
back towards the center pin.

Since the keys don't have center pins, are you saying toward the=
 front or
towards the capstan? And why would a heavier playing action=
 "help" the piano
tone? There are other ways to help the piano tone without doing=
 something that
"might" injure" the person having to play on it. Like I said, I=
 guess I'm
confused. Just curious.

Avery

Thomas Maurice
MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, CCNA, CNA, CCA, B.S., M.M.
528 Nottingham Rd
Baltimore, MD  21229
410-566-2018