Aural tuning- 300 cents flat

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:47:42 -0600

Ah, the MIRACLE of ultra-thin CA.

I mostly tune Crappiolas for a living, here in the Ozarks, and have only a
very few really nice pianos on my customer list. I just this morning saw a
1951 Everett console for the first time. Not bad. Thayer action. Hadn't been
tuned in 10+ years. Cobwebs and dust an inch thick, or so it seemed. But the
bridges and soundboard had no cracks (yea!) and the block is good except,
for some reason, in the low bass. Pitch raise, fast tune, fine tune. Charged
accordingly. Made friends with mom, pop, and two cute little kids. Spent
considerable time educating them. Mom's last words: "See you in six months."

Goal: An increasingly long list of REGULAR tunings on DECENT (if not great)
pianos and customers who become friends and tell their friends about me.

Life is good. Old POC PSO's need love, too. Wish I'd known about CA about
three years back -- before I "condemned" an absolutely gorgeous 1890
American upright, mighta been a Crown. I think it's a desk now. Ouch.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO