looking for an opportunity to learn more and relocate!

Debra Feiger debra_feiger@yahoo.com
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:53:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi
I'm Debra from New York City and new to this list.  I went to North Bennet Street School two years ago and did the first year of their piano technology program.  I have been working in the field in Manhattan, with both private clients, dealer work, some institutional work and am involved with the NYC chapter of the PTG.  We are an active chapter and I have gotten alot of referrals through Dan Levitan - chapter president.  I have passed 2 out of 3 parts of the PTG exam (written and tuning in the 90s!) and 1 out of 3 parts of the technical section (grand regulation).  I have taken on regulation work, including parts replacement, hammer hanging.... and asked for help from more experienced techs.  Overall, I feel that I would really like to have alot more experience in the shop with a technician who can supervise my work.  I am good at sales and bringing in work.  I do not want to remain in NYC much longer and am looking for opportunities elsewhere.  I would like to put out to this list
 group, my desire for an apprenticeship which might lead to a full business opportunity (perhaps someone planning to retire over the next few years or else looking to grow the business with someone else).  I spent last summer as an apprentice at the Aspen music festival and love Colorado, but it appears to be full-up with techs.  I have lived on the west coast (So. Calif) and would return there or up north.  I would also look to Australia!! or New Zealand or another assistant university tech position.  This is a mid life change of career for me (I was a financial person in my past life and still work during tax season to help pay the bills).  It is not a hobby and I have done well financially the last two years from my new business.  I would appreciate any help, suggestions, contacts that people can provide to me.  Sorry for the length of this submission, but I want to give some depth to my request.  I also enjoy reading these pearls of wisdom on a daily basis!
Regards from a newcome!