Kawai GM-10

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:16:36 -0600

All this talk of rescaling the Yamaha GH1 reminded me that I've been
meaning to mention a recent experience with a new Kawai GM-10, which I
guess is their 5 foot nothin' grand.

I tune many small Yamahas -- C1, G1, GH1, GP1, GC1 and now GE1. OK, so
the C1 and the GC1 are OK. As for the rest, the less said the better.

I tuned a Kawai GM-10 a few weeks ago. It was lovely. Absolutely
lovely. Case, action, scale, full sostenuto, beautiful refined tone,
all lovely, and tuned OK too. With this piano out there, I don't see
much reason to be rescaling small Yamahas...

curmudgeonly yours,

Kent