sluggish action

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:03:52 EST

Greetings,

       In addition to the other fine suggestions... Is the piano in a moist
basement? ..or has it been recently moved from a moist place into a home? If
recently moved from a moist place(baseement or garage) into a home, then in a
coulple weeks the moistrue will dry out of the bushings a it sits in the heated
house and everything will return to normal by drying allittle.

    If not, then the bushings of either the jack or the hammer are swollen
and need a shot of 5% to 10% alchohol to H2O(water). There are disputes on the
percentage of water to alchohol and the TYPE of alchohol. I do about 10% alc to
H20 and the alchohol is isopropyl, because I cant get Ethyl anymore. Works
for my customers, fine.

Julia
Reading, PA