Schafer and Sons Upright

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:16:31 EST

In a message dated 2/27/05 11:52:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fullnotch@westpa.net writes:

Thanks for the replies. The piano in question was built  (according to
Pierce) by Vern Schafer in Ca. The let-off in the bass is about  1/8". The hammers
are not worn - I regulated this piano about 2-3 years ago- A  teen-age girl is
the current pianist- although her brother used to  POUND  the thing!  Maybe
that's why there is trouble now. It is a model US 45-  serial # 513185.

Jon,

I don't believe Vern Schafer ever built a piano.  He had various
manufacturer's build them for him so he could market them under the Schafer  name.
Colton Pianos was the purveyor, so you might try contacting that  company for more
information.

Dave Stahl