Flange Rebushing

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:22:18 -0600

By the book: Dry fit the bushing and pin (previously determined to be a =
good
tight fight in the birdseye). When you have pulled the cloth through put =
the
pin in there (uncut) to size the bushings as the glue dries. Then pull =
it
out, trim the felt, and pin the whole assembly.
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Terry
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 5:42 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Flange Rebushing

Got a question regarding rebushing action centers - I have done only =
very
little of this. Is it best to install the cloth and then ream and pin, =
or is
it a good thing to install the cloth and insert a pin at the same time =
size the bushing? Seems like I need to stipulate a whole bunch more
particulars, but that is the essential question.
=20
Terry Farrell