Removing broken aggraffes

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:22:34 -0800

Hey, I don't need to carry another tool I'll hardly ever use in=
 my kit.   I'm using my tuning "hammer" just as the name says.  =
 I use my tuning "hammer" for seating strings on the bridge,=
 occasionally tapping a tuning pin in a little bit, I've used it=
 to loosen a lyre...many times...are you beginning to "wig out"=
 yet, Joe?   You should see the top of my tuning "hammer".   It's=
 got dents and is sort of deformed...it's great!   How you=
 feeling Joe?

David Ilvedson,

Original message
From: Joe Garrett
To: pianotech
Subject: Removing broken aggraffes

David Ilvedson said: "Then with a vice-grip attached, turn=
 counter-clockwise while tapping on the screwdriver head with=
 your tuning hammer.   You will "almost" always get it out that=
 way with little fuss!"
David,
You gots mucho gazongas to suggest such a thing, when you know=
 the  "cap'n" is watchin'! That thingee is called a Tuning=
 Wrench/Lever! It ain't no damned "hammer"! Sheesh! Shame on you!=
 A hammer, (the little suckeer that fits in your combo handle),=
 costs only a few bucks. That Tuning Lever is a whole helluva lot=
 more expensive! Please use the proper tool for the job. Thankye=
 much.<G>
No Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police