Ronsens a possibility on a Kawai RX??

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 01:16:49 EDT

I work on  many Kawai pianos, most of them 5 years old or less.   Many of
them are RX series pianos.  I like the soft voice they have when  new.

Though the hammers are heat pressed, they are voiced down quite a bit at  the
factory.  However, after a few years (or less, depending on the  player),
they become hard and brittle sounding.  They can be voiced again  and again, but
when they need replacement--which will be soon on at least one of  them--I was
considering the possibility of the Ronsen AA Wurzen felt  hammers.  It seems
logical to me, based on what I've heard of  these hammers and based on the
sounds I like to hear coming from RX series  grands.

Has anybody tried these or alternative hammers on Kawai grands?

Am I way off the mark?

Are the Shigeru hammers cold pressed, and might they not be a good--and
probably expensive--replacement also?

Just wondering,

Dave Stahl