preferred epoxy

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Thu, 02 Jun 2005 07:33:26

Hi Brian,

I've had good success with CA glue in this application. Treat the cracks
with thin CA glue to seal the wood, and then follow with medium gap filling
CA. Sometimes repeat treatments are needed for larger cracks.

I typically do this if I am treating the pin block with CA glue, so
uprights are tipped. Hairline cracks on uprights may be done without
tipping as the glue wicks quite well.

At 07:54 AM 6/2/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>        When filling small cracks in the bass bridge by the bridge pins,
>which epoxy is the best to use?  Reblitz mentions to use an epoxy. Are
>there different kinds and which is best suited for bridge pin work?
>     Brian P. Doepke        A.A.A. Piano Works, Inc          No virus found
>in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.322 /
>Virus Database: 267.4.0 - Release Date: 6/1/2005

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-352-3620 or 1-888-29t-uner