SPAM-LOW: Re: Piano microphones - lid closed

Hazen Bannister hazen@bannisterpiano.com
Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:35:32 -0400

 I don't know why the church needs to mic the piano.  They have a rather
large ensemble, and probably can't properly shake the walls with an
unamplified piano.  Good questions, However, I don't yet know the answers.

> Hi,

There are several good mics for a piano.One is a Shure boundary mic, for
a closed lid, and another is a SCX-25 mic from Audix, a great mic for
piano's.
There are numerous reasons to mic a piano, not just for increased
volume. Such as recording the piano for a tape ministry, or radio, tv
broadcast. Or feed the signal to another room, such as a nursery,
overflow area, or family life center.
Best,
Hazen Bannister