reflections on a hammer

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:31:31 +0200

On 4-jun-05, at 7:46, Quentin Codevelle wrote:

> Hello Andre,
> =A0
> Does your message mean that Abel uses only Wurzen felt now?
> Or do they propose to choose between VFG or Wurzen for their hammers?

I have no specific knowledge, except that I heard from insiders that=20
Abel now also uses Wurzen.
That is smart and wise, I think.

> =A0
> I remarked that the Abel VFG hammers that are sold in sets (without=20
> boring) are really nicely shaped, although the Renner sets of hammers=20=

> with Wurzen are looking more "rough".
> Does it has to do with the press they use, or do Abel workers iron the=20=

> hammers after the gluing process, so that the hammer looks fine?

No, it has to do with the fact that they sand the hammers before=20
putting them in the box.

I prefer un-sanded hammers because the damage done to the upper felt=20
layers is less.
> =A0
> Thanks,
> =A0