border crossings

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:50:39 -0500

Thanks to the insanity of the Patriot Act(sic) a they will start
requiring a passport to re-enter the US this summer (not sure of the
exact date). This will effectively close the longest "open" border in
the world. Papers, please.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Don
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 11:14 AM
To: PTG
Subject: border crossings

Hi Ken,

There is never a problem until there *is* a problem.
You can imagine how frustrated I felt one day sitting
at the border in the USA customs booth making a total
inventory of *every* tool in my kit. I guess it was
just "my turn". I now don't cross the border without
an inventory list. It only happened once--but once was
*more* than enough.

>I will be doing a job in New England this summer and
>plan to return to the midwest driving through Quebec
>and Ontario.  I won't be working in Canada but need
>have my tools with me while there.  Do veteren
>border crossers have any suggestions on what to do or

>not to do at border crossings regarding tools?

>Thanks,
>Ken Ponche

Regards,
3004 Grant Rd, Regina, SK, S4S 5G7