Tools: Who Needs 'Em

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 06:35:12 -0700 (PDT)

This reminds me of a time...oh, wait...sorry, I forget what it was I was going to say...

Dave Davis

p.s. yes, I usually have to do a morning inventory, but includes "is my son in the car?" while I'm on the way to drop him at school.

Carl Teplitski <koko99@shaw.ca> wrote:
This AM, left my garage for a 3 tuning job at a church setting.,
approximately 40 minutes away.  Tried to remember to have cash, tools,
address notes, cell phone, lunch.  Pulled away from garage sure I've
forgotten something. Stopped the car, opened the trunk to make sure
tool kit was there.  Knew I had to stop for gas, so made certain  cash  was
available.  Drove about 5 minutes, looked on the seat for my cell phone,
and realized I didn't have my glasses. They would be on the seat with my
phone, . . but not today. Checked pockets, etc.  U turn , and back to the house.
There on the kitchen table they were.  My wife thinks my memory isn't what it
used to be, but I think that I seem to need to remember so many more things now.
No way would I take lunch, didn't need glasses, there weren't any cell phones,
so all I had to remember was to make sure  I had my tool kit.   Is it any wonder ????

Has anyone ever left for a job, and forgot to shave ???

Carl / Winnipeg

Brad Smith wrote: Years ago, I showed up right on time, without my tools, to tune for a Russian lady who spoke no English.
She was baffled that I wouldn't come in to tune the piano.
I managed to fumble through some sign language, and returned an hour later.

To this day, I still have a nervous twitch...
When driving to my first appointment of the day, my right arm involuntarily flings itself into the back seat to check for my tool case.
If anyone would happen to be sitting there, I'm afraid I couldn't be responsible for their safety.

Best regards,
Brad Smith, RPT
www.smithpiano.com