Braden Auditorium recording

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:51:47 -0500

Dale, were you going to say something?   No message.   =20

Well, at least this recording didn't make the piano sound like it was =
under water, like the last one.  I was amazed, Ririko was really pushing =
it to the max--and she's not a big woman!

Anyway, I thought the piano was REALLY bright that day (in fact, I was =
quite surprised when I walked up to it), but I was reluctant to take it =
down, since one other time when I did that (voiced it down), and it =
sounded dead the next time I serviced it.   You'd think I'd get used to =
things like that after a lifetime of experiencing days when I think my =
work sounds like, uh, <you know> and then going back and thinking, "Oh, =
gee, why did I think that was bad?"  It sort of spooks me.  I'm thinking =
that I didn't pound on those hammers enough and perhaps it's just =
reacting a lot to being played in.=20

Ok, how about this---it was really hot and humid in the hall that =
day--that must have made the difference in the tone.  :-) =20

Hey, have a good time in KC.  Sure wish I was going to be there.

Barbara