Tools: Who Needs 'Em

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:43:29 -0700

At 11:37 AM 6/7/2005 -0500, Conrad wrote:
>Does showing up on the wrong day count as leaving something at home? Like
>brain?

I've done that ... Showed up a day early, the lady said, "Oh, I forgot you
were coming today!" which I hear all too often even when I'm coming at the
right time ... then I got home and found the "Where WERE you??" message.
Luckily the next day's now-empty slot worked for her.

The worst was when I mistook a name, missed an infirm and elderly customer
here in town, went to an 85-year-old piano teacher nearby instead, with a
similar name. She was surprised but cordial, I thought SHE had forgotten
the appointment because of senility -- but it was my own --- arrrggghh, and
I'm four years older than that now!

It just took me five minutes to remember both their names. <groan> Pauline
Young and Polly Locke, bless them. One has died, the other moved away, but
probably gone now. Not forgotten ---- _quite_. I do remember Polly's
1885-ish upright, where the action and the keys had to come out as a unit.
That was really interesting, not to mention heavy and awkward.

sssssssssnnn