Tools: Who Needs 'Em

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:48:28 -0500

I'll bet that upright was a Haines Bros.

In a previous life, about 20 years ago, I was an executive career
consultant--3 piece suits and all that crap that I have happily jettisoned.
Anyway I was in conference with a client one day and my secretary buzzed me
in a panic because there were two people waiting for me in the lobby. My
administrative skills being non-existant, and my memory leaky, I assumed I
had screwed up the scheduling big time.

When I talked to them, it turned out that one was a day early and the other
was a day late!

Life is funny. Ha, ha.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

Like
> >brain?
>
> I've done that ... Showed up a day early, the lady said, "Oh, I forgot
you
> were coming today!" which I hear all too often even when I'm coming at
the
> right time ... then I got home and found the "Where WERE you??" message.
> Luckily the next day's now-empty slot worked for her.
>
> The worst was when I mistook a name, missed an infirm and elderly
customer
> here in town, went to an 85-year-old piano teacher nearby instead, with a
> similar name. She was surprised but cordial, I thought SHE had forgotten
> the appointment because of senility -- but it was my own --- arrrggghh,
and
> I'm four years older than that now!
>
> It just took me five minutes to remember both their names. <groan>
Pauline