Fish Glue

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 05:32:01 -0400

Right. Which is why I advocate hide glue.

However, aren't fish animals?

Oh, I get it now....... "and will STICK with animal glue." Ha, ha, ha, =
very clever!!!   ;-)

Terry Farrell

  Terry,

  =20

  The experience I have had with fish glue is:- I had to fix up a player =
repair done with fish glue only 1 year before coming to me. The player =
piano was on the Darling Downs in Queensland, which suffers from low RH =
and extreme temperatures for Australia. The fish glue had lost its =
adhering power in that the pneumatics were falling of and the valve tops =
had come loose. I had to redo the entire action because the original  =
restorer said there was nothing wrong with it.=20

  =20

  From this experience I will never entertain the use of fish glue on =
pianos and will stick with animal glue.

  =20