Front Rail Pin Measurements

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 08:02:03 -0400

  From: Matthew Todd=20
  Subject: Front Rail Pin Measurements

  Hi everyone, just a quick question.

  How does one accurately mic front and balance rail pins?

  Thanks in advance,
  Matthew
  Matthew,

      I generally use a micrometer-----kidding aside ,this is pretty =
straight forward .

      Stay away from the cheepies and buy a good one-- I have Starrett =
and Brown & Sharpe Micrometer and dial calipers purchased over 30 years =
ago . (I left sheet metal fabrication with all my fingers!)

      I have yet to try the digital readout tools that are =
available--perhaps our group can comment on the more recent technology .

      Best wishes,

      Tom Driscoll RPT