Crescendo Punchings

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 07:04:55 -0400

I have been struggling with a rebuilt A which has been lackluster at best
and a textbook example of the killer octave+.

Much to my relief, as I was installing these punchings I could discern
an improvement in the tone, it became more focused; more noticeably
in the problem areas. (I know that I'm not going crazy because
I've already crossed that threshold). Of course it didn't eliminate the
problems but certainly made them less bad, tolerable, imperceptible
to some.  At least now they don't jump out at you and do that little
Nah-Nah-You-Can't-Touch-Me dance.

The keystroke termination is solid without being hard. There is less rocking
of the key at dip now than with those dark green punchings. Will Crescendo
Punchings require 'voicing' to keep from getting rock-hard? An occasional
flexing to loosen the impacted fibers?  (Hmmm, not a bad idea for rock-hard
woven punchings).

Just as soon as I get my ration card <g>, I can order more and start
in on all the
performance pianos in my charge. Mostly to get a handle on after touch through
the dynamic range with the benefit of improved tonal output and vise versa.

Andre, I give these an AA++ rating.
The greatest thing to come along since the TLRG.  <G>
--

Regards,

Jon Page