Crescendo Punchings

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:16:13 +0200

On 13-jun-05, at 13:04, Jon Page wrote:

> The keystroke termination is solid without being hard. There is less
> rocking
> of the key at dip now than with those dark green punchings. Will
> Crescendo
> Punchings require 'voicing' to keep from getting rock-hard? An
> occasional
> flexing to loosen the impacted fibers?  (Hmmm, not a bad idea for
> rock-hard
> woven punchings).
>
> Just as soon as I get my ration card <g>, I can order more and start
> in on all the
> performance pianos in my charge. Mostly to get a handle on after touch
> through
> the dynamic range with the benefit of improved tonal output and vise
> versa.
>
> Andre, I give these an AA++ rating.
> The greatest thing to come along since the TLRG.  <G>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon Page

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your nice words.
It is very funny to see what kind of a storm these little punchings
have created.
Many techs go crazy about the result and it is hard to imagine that we
have been without this for such a long time.

One word of advice, if I may :
Do not try to voice these punchings.
They are inexpensive enough to replace and that would be much cheaper
too.
Besides, I myself have come to the conclusion that replacing any good
punching say every 5 years is a benefit for every instrument.
It is something new we have to get used to, but I see it more like the
technical service you give to your car  (which we never forget because
it is so important).
Keep track of when to replace the punchings and you will see that the
piano sounds better instantly! by just replacing the punchings alone.
Another very nice thing is that we, as tuners/technicians have a new
and formidable weapon.
If you tune a piano for a customer who loves his/her instrument, it is
very easy to show them the remarkable result of replacing the front
punching of only one softer sounding key.
The customer will be in awe, and rightly so, and will ask you to
replace them all right away.
That will take maybe 10-15 minutes.
It is a perfect way to improve the instrument dramatically in just 15
minutes, and thereby please your customer mightily.
Think of all those instruments you tune!

btw,
Very soon Jürgen Goering (Piano Forte Supply) will launch other new
stuff, and just as exciting.
The developments in the piano industry are far from dead!
Look at the works being done by our soundboard guru's! I am very much
in awe of that, and it gives me mucho inspiration.

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek

www.concertpianoservice.nl