Heater bar question - revised

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:39:10 -0500

At 05:40 6/14/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Radio Shack for around $25
>Jim
>James Grebe

>>What's the %RH in that basement?  I have a church that measures 70%RH.  I
>>put *two* bars in their spinet (a 50W in the bottom and 15W on top) and
>>the best I can get it is down to 60%RH at 82 degrees, measured right
>>above the bottom bar.
>
>Cy,
>
>     So where can I purchase a dependable device that measures humidity?
> Is that called a humidistat?
>
>Thanks
>Julia

Humidistat is a controller, as in Dampp-Chaser systems, etc.
What you want to ask/look for is a hydrometer.

OR...

As an anonymous listee corrected me...

>A hygrometer measures the RH.
>A hydrometer measures the density of liquids.
>--

...and a typometer measures my propesnity to hit the wrong key...
;-}

Anyhow,
Most, whatever you want to call them, like those from Radio Shack, are
combined with thermometer and have maximum/minimum readings.

Conrad Hoffsommer
It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object realize that you are in a hurry.