Crescendo Punchings

antares antares@euronet.nl
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:03:28 +0200

On 13-jun-05, at 4:44, David C. Stanwood wrote:

>> Mr Stanwood.
>>
>> Some time ago you sent an email to pianotech in which you made it
>> clear
>> that you had tried some new piano related items, and you made it clear
>> that you could not distinguish any difference at all on a "certain
>> vintage Steinway" belonging to one of your friends.
>> In principle, there is nothing at all wrong with that, and for that
>> reason we got into a rather lively discussion, if you recall.
>> That's what the List is for, indeed.
>>
>> The fact that I put a private email on the list is a dumb mistake
>> which
>> happens every now and then to list subscribers in general, and I
>> publicly apologized for that.
>> I will write an email to you privately (and hopefully to the right
>> address) to settle "this issue" between us.
>>

>> A. Oorebeek
>
> Dear Andre,
>
> I must admit that the results of trying one punching on the vintage
> Steinway was not really a valid experiment and that reporting that
> result was simply a flip way for me to support my  own initial
> negative gut reaction to the crescendo punching which I had just seen
> for the first time.
>
> The experiment which I have just described and proposed with the Mason
> & Hamlin BB with a performing Steinway Artist is the type of
> experiment we should be reporting on.  Most importantly we must hear
> the words of the pianists...
>
> Sorry I got you so wound up..
>
> I still feel that woven felts have a place in pianos and would love to
> see you have some really fine quality Wurzen wovens made with the high
> quality fiber....
>
> Long live Merino sheep!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> David Stanwood

Mr Stanwood, and list,

let me make clear once and for all that you did not get me wound up by
telling the list that you did - or did not - like this kind of front
punching.
The list is a perfect place to discuss anything related to piano's in
general, and if one gets wound up by that, then it would be better to
become a subscriber to a more 'winding up' oriented club. (there are
such clubs, you know).

The reason why you got me wound up is a totally different matter and
has nothing to do with front punchings.
In an earlier email (see above) I wrote that I would settle 'that
matter' by contacting you privately.

A. Oorebeek