poor sustain

Ed Carwithen edwithen@ortelco.net
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:50:59 -0700

the piano is a Kimball 6'8" Grand.  It's in pretty good shape, and holds =
a tune well.  The problem is the treble sustain...there isn't any.  Bass =
and middle registers are fine, but the 6th octave has almost no sustain. =
 When the strings are plucked they do seem to be normal, but the hammers =
just don't produce the tone I think it should have.  This makes it a =
voicing problem IMO.  So...how do I approach it??

Ed Carwithen
John Day, OR