Confidence

Byeway222@aol.com Byeway222@aol.com
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:47:22 EDT

Do I assume that you are referring to newish K's?  I have only one on  my
books  (Hamburg) and it is  ok to tune but terrible  as a piano.  BUT what about
its 'sister' piano named after a famous city in  the US!   I have four
(uprights) in my music college and have  basically declared them un-tunable. The
pin/plank relationship is one of the  worst I have ever come across.  I can't work
out if it is the pins  made of compressed rubber or the plank!  It seems
almost impossible to  set/settle the pin and string, with the inevitable result of
tuning  instability.  There is awful deadness of tone in different registers
and I  basically feel that these pianos are a real confidence trick. Do you
guys in  Europe have to suffer them?

Richard