a language barrier solved.....................................................

antares antares@euronet.nl
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:47:41 +0200

On 17-jun-05, at 20:57, david@davidandersenpianos.com wrote:

> Andre---my friend, you're taking this way too seriously; he just meant
> it
> as a friendly, collegial joke.  Michael Spalding?  isn't that right?
>
> David Andersen

Hello, David Andersen, Michael Spalding and all other listers,

I was away from this list for a short while, and heard from a friend
that unfortunately a nasty misunderstanding was / is going on.
The misunderstanding lies in "the barrier of languages", I guess.

I now fully understand that what Michael Spalding said to me was meant
as a friendly, collegial joke.
However, what he wrote could be literally seen, through the eyes of a
dumb foreigner (me), in a different way.
I sense that this may be hard to understand for English speaking
people, and it is the more a reason for me to be doubly doubly careful
here, as English is of course not my native language.

I hope that by writing these words to the list this problem has been
solved.
It was/is a misunderstanding which is, as I see it now, nobody's fault
really.
These dramatic and at the same time silly things happen sometimes, and
they have happened in the past.
I shall be more than ever on the alert of the workings of my brain and
hope to not make the same mistake again.
(it is thus probably better to lurk anyway, haha)

So... Apologies again to all involved.
Nothing personal, no grudges, puzzles solved....
so I sincerely hope.

In the mean time, I'll be away for some time and unsubscribe in order
to avoid a freight load of (maybe flame?) emails.

All the best and very happy times to all the list friends.

A. Oorebeek

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched