What can hardened CA be dissolved with, on hammers ????

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:06:32 -0400

Hi Gordon,

As Susan said, ACETONE!

A lot of times, you can remove deposits from a fabric with the wick action
of a solvent.  If the acetone is just on the striking surface, try layering
many layers of paper towels over the striking surface.  Apply acetone very
liberally to the felt BEHIND the strike point, and allow it to wick through
the strike point and into the cotton -- in a downwards direction.  Don't
agitate the felt, or you may work the CA deeper into it.  Then discard the
paper towel material.  Repeat.  Repeat.  Repeat.  Etc.  Etc.  Etc.  The idea
is that you will carry the CA in a wash of acetone in only one direction --
OUT, and into the paper towels, which you will discard.

Good luck!  :-)

Peace,
Sarah