PC tuning vs. Aural tuning fork

Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:07:51 +0100

Hello Listers
Now - let's be honest. How many of you can thump your chest and say "I =
don't really need a PC tuning program - I can lay the bearings by ear =
from a tuning fork and complete the tuning by ear". Well? True I use an =
EDT but just to lay the bearings - even then I find myself correcting =
slight imperfections as I go. But I can lay the bearings from a fork and =
I must say it's the greatest satisfaction to know I can. Ever run out of =
batteries 80 miles from base with no chance of a replacement? No prob.
Regards from a beautiful sunny evening where the Punters are guzzling =
Champers by the HaHa. Interval time at Glynditz.
Michael G.(UK)
ps that should stir something up.....! and start some thinking deep =
thoughts - hopefully...