Pitchlock

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:01:38 +0200

My thoughts are that the Pitchlock device seems to indicate that the
present idea that loose tuning pins being responsible for false beats is
in error... at least to a significant degree.  I also think that these
illustrate that falsness can possibly be more related to string coupling
then anything else, and a significant refinement of coupling hasnt
really been a primary design mission for I dont know how long.

Nice devices per se... but the problem they address is perhaps better
delt with in other ways.

Cheers
RicB

Subject: Pitchlock

Has anyone had experience with the pitchlock devices.  It sounds like
something that would help with some wild bass strings, and maybe even some
false beating treble strings.  However the startup cost is pretty hefty.
Not bad if it does what it says, but I thought I might inquire from the list
first.

Any thoughts??

Ed Carwithen

John Day, OR