Tuning price

Aart in America Piano Services aartinamerica@optonline.net
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:12:32 -0400

Hi All.

$120.00 in Hoboken NJ. Soon to go up to $135.00. Hoboken is one mile
square on the Hudson River, densely populated and NO place to park, No
mass transit. Taxis are $7 in town and if you go to the neighboring
cities that are spitting distance away the fair jumps to $15 to $20.
Last week I got a $45 dollar ticket and almost a boot. (immobilizes
your wheel, cost about $120.00 to have City Hall remove)  My customer's
wife insisted her husband pay my ticket. much appreciated, however I
think the husband was none too happy. (the wife did advise me it was OK
to park in front of her home) A parking permit in the next town (Jersey
City) is $250.00 per year. A parking permit is needed for each town
in Hudson County. ( Bayonne, Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken, Union
City, North Bergen, Secaucus, West New York, and Kearny) Plus the cost
of renting my shop. Let's not forget the gas prices. Most customer's
pianos require some repairs before tuning so I must always have my tool
box with me. I will however, make minor repairs and adjustments at no
additional charge.
So I have no choice but to raise my rates, however I will give a
discount to customers and studios who book multiple tunings. I have to
cover my expenses and pay my bills.

My best to all and good luck.

Aart M.
Hoboken NJ