Grand Regulation Fee

Jason Kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:02:08 -0700

Give an estimate of how long you expect it to take, provide a per-hour fee,
and state a "cap", guaranteeing the customer that you will not charge more
than the "cap" without express agreement. This gives them a comfort level,
and when you come in under the cap, everybody feels good.

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Ray T. Bentley
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 7:49 AM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: Grand Regulation Fee

Since it's impossible in every case to estimate how many hours it would
take, then how to you write a proposal and get it approved by an
organization such as a church or school?  I've been doing a flat rate for
years.  Each client gets a piano action that is much improved, though each
action requires something different in the shop.  It all comes out in the
wash for me, some more difficult, and some easier.  But each client receives
the benefit of a better performing piano.  How do others approach this
situation?

Ray

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Registered Piano Tuner-Technician