Rebushing keys with the approximate 1/8" center rail mortice

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:15:05 -0700

Contact Bill Spurlock www.spurlockspecialtytools
<http://www.spurlockspecialtytools/>  for a set of cauls that matches.
You will need to measure the pins accurately with a micrometer.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Warren Fisher
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 8:06 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Rebushing keys with the approximate 1/8" center rail mortice

I have a set to rebush with these non-standard narrow mortises.  Does
anyone know where I can send them to be redone or get the cauls to do
them myself?  The keys are too narrow, I think, to accommodate a
standard key button.
Thanks,
Warren

PS:  Hello to old friends!  After being retired and frivolous for five
years, I decided to get back in here and do some more re-building.  I
think I am still retired from tuning, though.  My tinitus has finally
just about gone away!  What'cha think?

Warren Fisher- RPT - Slidell, Louisiana