Grand Regulation Fee

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:51:08 -0400

"G" Piano Works (Joe Garrett) suggests about 15 hours for a complete
regulation. I find that to be about right - less for a newer action in
decent shape, and more for an old crapo that has gone 97 years without a
regulation. I charge $60 per hour shop time and tell them that it will cost
between $600 & $1,200, depending on how much time I need to spend with it -
closer to the lower end if it cooperates with me, or closer to the upper end
if I run into a lot of small repairs, etc. The upper end also will include
full re-felting of the keyframe, filing the hammers, and minor repairs.

Terry Farrell