Tuning price

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:44:48 -0600

At 01:11 PM 6/21/2005, you wrote:
>I'd be interested to know from the folks here: when comparing the
>price/value of what one does as a tuner/technician to the price/value of
>other professions, which other professions do you consider to be
>equivalent (or fair to compare) to that of the piano tuner/technician?

Hi Ernie,
                  Average a plumber and an electrician hourly house call
rate in your area. That I think is fair.   The consumer looks at us as the
typical home serviceman.   They also use that as a yard stick to judge the
rate.
The average tech in North America is way below those rates.  Heck we have
no Union. :-)

Dives into bomb shelter, Conrad send your best flame suit.

Regards Roger