How to adjust let-off with no adjustable capstan?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:01:31 -0500

> I meant a proper fix with new capstans.
> I thought there might be a special tool.
> I was also wondering, if anyone else might have run into one of these in
> their travels.
> Just wondering, Ron.
> Sorry for taking up your time.
> John M. Ross

Easy John, no offense. I just wonder why we (each of us) tend to
spend more of our energies that we probably should on something no
one cares about, trying to make an un-workable design work without
changing it to something we know DOES work. Seems to me you would
have been done by now and way ahead either attacking the thing and
replacing the capstans, or just ignoring them altogether. It's
probably just me, so please disregard.

Ron N