[Files] Undercover (install notes)

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.ca
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:17:31 -0500

Thanks to everyone who dropped by the Dampp-Chaser booth in KC to see
our
install demonstration.

Roger asked for feedback regarding the "heat and bond method," so here's
some of my own, from an install completed this just twenty minutes ago:

KG-3c / Church Piano / G6PS-50 system plus 2-25w bars / still swings 25
cents @B2 seasonally!

Arrived in the sanctuary at 11:15, finished and submitted my bill at
11:50.

Thirty-five minutes to fit and trim the undercover... perhaps sooner,
if the
caretaker had taken my hint(s).

Pre-stapled the bonding-tape around the rim for convenience. (feeling
a bit
shaking today, too much coffee!)

Made sure to use the Heat n Bond product marked "SUPER" or "SUPER
WEIGHT."

Started fitting/ironing at the corner of the bass rim and belly rail, to
take advantage of two straight sides.

Saved loads of time, as only the treble and tail sides required
trimming.

Second pass all the way around with the warm iron, just to be sure.

Done!

Notes for next time:

1.) Bring fleuro-trouble light, makes it easier to see where the
bonding is
and where to trim.

2.) A dull knife isn't a knife!

3.) Send the caretaker on a long errand while I'm working! ;>)

best regards to all,

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University