How to adjust let-off with no adjustable capstan?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:02:36 -0500

> If the rest of the piano was in good shape, I would donate installation
> of capstans. But it is not, so cheap is the way to go.

So be it.

> I am surprised, that no one else has run into a piano, with this excuse
> for a capstan.
> John M. Ross

Me too, but maybe they only made that one before the factory burned
down. There might have been newspaper coverage of a local piano
tuners' riot at the time, with pitchforks, ropes and torches.

Ron N