Tuning Price

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:02:32 -0700

Nowadays, you really need at least 2 million bucks (net) to retire, or it'll
be kinda tough to get by.

Terry Peterson

Garrett&quot; &lt;joegarrett@earthlink.net&gt;<br>Reply-To: Pianotech
&lt;pianotech@ptg.org&gt;<br>To: &quot;pianotech&quot;
&lt;pianotech@ptg.org&gt;<br>Subject: Re: Tuning Price<br>Date: Sun, 26 Jun
2005 11:21:35 -0700<br><br>I'm at $110.00. Portland Oregon. We are currently
going through an economic slump, in this area, but I'll be damned if I'll
&quot;go begging&quot; w/the gas/diesel prices so high. (Our biggest expense
is transportation, folks.)<br><br>David Anderson said: &quot;I heard a guy
teaching a class at a national convention say that a pair of<br>pliers that
cost maybe $60 was the most expensive tool he ever bought, and<br>that he
just can't see spending money on tools for &quot;just
pianos.&quot;<br><br>IMO, that &quot;instructor&quot; was an idiot! Never
should have said that, especially in a CLASS! FWIW, I just bought a really
nice voicing tool, for $235.00! Worth every damned penny! It always amazes
me, (and disgusts me, as well!), the crappy tools some people have! Most of
those &quot;Cheapy Tool Owners&quot; spend more time doing things the hard
way and can't understand why they're poor! (and that their work is less than