pocket pc

Dean Reyburn dlr@reyburn.com
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:39:04 -0400

Hi Greg and list,
RCT gives you just what you want at the level of control you want.
Steve was
using RCT's "Easy" mode which lets RCT's expert system make most of
the choices,
but he could  have just as easily switched to "Advanced" mode or used
our Custom
Equalizer tool.

RCT's advanced mode and Custom EQ give the user an extremely advanced
level of
control over the tuning. With Custom EQ, RCT's only basic assumption
is that
the user wants a reasonably smooth progression of intervals. The user
is left
with all the interval compromises and weighting to twiddle with if
they want to.

Greg, I'm surprised you'd make a comment on a tool which you haven't
used based
on things you've heard and are making assumptions about.

RCT's interface is well-thought out and intuitive, yes, but having a
great
easy-to-use interface is *not* incompatible with an extremely high
level of user
control.

Best regards,

-Dean

On Jun 26, 2005, at 5:34 PM, Greg Newell wrote:

> I too wonder what you mean by this, Steve. If you mean that RCT
> makes a bunch of assumptions for you and decides how you should
> tune I guess some would consider that user friendly. I really don't
> know how the package works that's just MY assumption based on the
> things that I've heard. I personally don't what anything to "do it
> for me".

  RPS, Inc.              contact: <http://www.reyburn.com/contact.html>
  Dean Reyburn, RPT
  2695 Indian Lakes Road            web page: <http://www.reyburn.com/>
  Cedar Springs, Michigan, 49319 USA
  Sales & support: 1-888-SOFT-440 (or 616-696-1002)   Fax: 616-696-8121