Arledge Bass strings

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:25:48 EDT

David
    Only general guidelines . I've ben happy with  what he's doing . He has
assured me that his & Dels scaling is very much on  the same page ,which, from
what I'm hearing is very good. I have a couple of  uprights going right now &
the tonal eveness of the bichords clear thru note  28 is strong & dark
sounding. The Monos are also very beefy & legitimate  sounding too. I'll be using his
strings on a couple Stwy C's shortly & will  have  an even greater
understanding of the sound his product produces.
   One of my first sets was a C-3 last year & I had him redo  the top 5
bichords. My complaint was they don't have any power & they were  whiny. We
increased the tension & all was well. I did have to pay extra for  that. oh well & I
have made known my preverence for not having the  tension drop off in that
region & since then I'm ok with what I'm  hearing.
  Dale Erwin

Are you having Arledge do the scaling when you order a set or are you
sending them a chart?
BTW, Arledge does a good job, so does Walter Schienke at JD Grandt.

David  Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net