bass string

richard.ucci@att.net richard.ucci@att.net
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:27:23 +0000

Hi Folks,
I was installing a universal bass string today on a Conn console. Great , no ,Perfect match on size and tone, nice even coils, pin height good...... it kept slipping considerably flat although the pin was nice and tight.
I took the vise grip off the hitch pin and BOINGGG the string pops off.
First time for that one. Then I see that the loop on the string is broken dead center. In 25 yrs. I've never had that happen.
I knew things were goin too smoothly today. (Just wait till I get Mapes on the phone)
Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano