Lowell Gauge

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:17:02 -0700

Hi, Susan,

At 08:42 PM 6/27/2005, you wrote:
>At 10:31 PM 6/27/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>>How vile the vial.  Any idea where I get a new one or must the old vial
>>be reviled without being revitalized.
>
>Is there any way to take a vial out of a level and get it (intact) into
>the Lowell gauge?

The problems are with the graduations.  Those are quite specific and
non-standard.  If Tom cannot replace it; and one had time, one could
probably get them from the patent drawings.  Otherwise, much less trouble
to just get another one.

Also, I think someone (perhaps Richard Davenport) developed an easier to
use (and, perhaps, more accurate method) some time ago...possibly written
up in the Journal.

Best.

Horace